Walk In Centre
|Day||Opens - Closes|
DURING THE COVID 19 PANDEMIC – Hawthorn Walk in Clinics will not be open Mon – Friday.
There is a limited telephone consultation service Saturday and Sunday 9.30 – 11am and 1- 2.30pm .
PLEASE Do Not Attend.
Tel the Practice for advice.
The walk-in service is staffed by GPs and Nurse Practitioners. You may not always be seen by a Doctor, but will be seen by an appropriate health professional.
The walk in clinic runs throughout the day but please call in advance to check availability, particularly towards the end of the day. If we cannot see you, we will direct you to an alternative NHS service to get you the treatment and advice you may need.
If you a registered patient at Hawthorn Medical Centre and require an urgent on the day appointment please call at 8am to book an on the day appointment.
- Sick notes/ Fit to work notes
- Dental problems
- Long term care for Chronic Diseases such as Diabetes
- Repeat Medication (we will offer you a small quantity to be able you go to your own GP for a script)
- Immediate life threatening situations (Please call 999 if you feel the situation is life threatening)
- Private letter for university/employers/insurance companies
- Referrals to hospital
- Pregnancy related problems - unless advised by your midwife
- Ear irrigation
Unfortunately waiting times can be more than an hour.
We operate on a first-come-first-served basis, unless a patient is extremely unwell and our doctors makes a clinical decision to prioritise. Towards the end of the evening capacity is limited.
The waiting room is also for our registered patients. You may therefore see other patients being called before you.
If an emergency occurs our doctors and nurses must attend to this, which can cause significant delays.
We try to see patients as soon as possible, we operate fairly and ensure patients are kept safe.
PLEASE BE PATIENT AND UNDERSTANDING
To find out our current wait time for the walk in clinic, please call reception on 0161 220 6080.